Welcome!

 Welcome to my first blog!

My name is Jo Kuyken. I'm a Belgian teacher that travels around in order to see the largest diversity of animals possible. At the age of 21 years old, I had already photographed over 7500 different species. I started building my database when I was 16 years old. The link can be found here.

Since I do not have infinite resources, I only managed to travel outside Europe a few times. But this hobby has learnt me that there is just as much to discover within my own little town as on the other side of the world. Due to many friends in the private trade, I was able to photograph hundreds of species without travelling crazy distances. 

My pictures have been used several times for publications and in books or magazines. I also provide them to websites like BiolibZootierliste and Featherbase. My own database follows a strict taxonomic order and is provided with scientific, English and Dutch names. This blog will be used to introduce new species that I will add to the site. I hope any visitors may enjoy them.

To kick off, here is an impression of some rare species I was honoured to photograph. Many more can be found in my database. 

Ribbon seal (Histriophoca fasciata)

Common spotted cuscus (Spilocuscus maculatus)

Pygmy killer whale (Feresa attenuata)

Jaggedhead gurnard (Gargariscus prionocephalus)

Fanaloka (Fossa fossana)

Bulwer's pheasant (Lophura bulweri)

Peppermint angelfish (Centropyge boylei)

Imperial amazon (Amazona imperialis)



Reacties

Populaire posts